1. CPR Certification (American Heart Association “Health Care Provider” or Red Cross “Professional Rescuer”). This is required BEFORE you start the course. More information available on the EMT Course Page.
2. The student will need to purchase their own personal patient assessment tools (available as a “kit”):
- Trauma shears
- Blood pressure sphygmanometer – adult
- Pocket mask with one-way valve
- Eye protection
- Non-sterile disposable exam gloves – Non-latex
Details will be shared at the first class session.
3. Students must be 18 years old by the first day of class.
4. The following are also required. Please wait until attending the course to complete them as there are specific required vendors. You may however, gather any proof of immunizations already completed.
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Childhood immunizations:
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Other immunizations:
- Hepatitis B
- 10 panel drug test
- Criminal Background Check
- Medical physical examination
All of the above course requirements must be completed by the 5th week of the first quarter in which a student is enrolled. The only exception is CPR which must be completed before class starts.