- All courses in the program are offered in an interactive online format.
- Course materials are posted on GauchoSpace, UCSB’s Moodle© course management system. All assignments and interactions with the instructor will occur through this online system.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your online course and create your UCSBnetID (after enrollment but no sooner than 2 weeks before the beginning of the quarter). This UCSBnetID will be used as the login for GauchoSpace (GS) and the off-campus login for the library (to access online journals for your assignments).
- On or before the first day of the quarter your instructor will contact you via email with information about getting started in the course. This email may come through the GS system, so it is important to set up your umail account correctly when you create your UCSBnetID. There is an option for having your umail forwarded to an email account that you check frequently, so please considering doing this.
- Courses are 11 weeks long, scheduled with a start date and an end date. During this time you will engage online with lectures, videos, readings, and with each other through an online discussion forum. There is no specific time that you need to be online. Instead, you will complete assignments at your convenience, but by a specific due date.
Have more questions? Submit a request