To be formally accepted into the program you must do the following:
- Apply for candidacy, and pay a one-time, nonrefundable $100 filing fee.
- Provide proof of a baccalaureate (bachelor's) or a higher degree, or equivalent degree from an accredited institution. Provisional acceptance may be granted to domestic students who are in the process of completing a baccalaureate. The anticipated completion date must be no later than two years from the completion of the program requirements.
International TESOL candidates are asked to follow these steps to apply:
- Go to the International Student Program page and click on the blue "Apply Now" tab.
- Pay the required International Student Program program fees.
- Apply for candidacy.
- Enroll in your chosen TESOL courses after you receive the welcome letter from the TESOL Program Director.
International TESOL candidates who intend to take the Practicum courses will be required to participate in a short interview.
International TESOL candidates are required to submit certificates or documents that demonstrate that they meet, at a minimum, one of the following English language entry level prerequisites:
- TOEFL iBT® 85 (Internet based)
- IELTS® 7.0
- CEFR C1
You will be notified of acceptance once the application, filing fee, and transcript are received. Please allow two weeks for applications to be processed.