If you are enrolled in a course that uses GauchoSpace, you will receive an e-mail after enrollment with the directions below to create your UCSBNetID and password through Identity Manager.
DO NOT try to create your UCSBNetID and/or access GauchoSpace until you receive that e-mail.
In order to use services like:
- Gauchospace - our online course system
- Campus Wi-Fi (via Eduroam or UCSB Wireless Web)
- Off-campus library access
- All other UCSB online services
you need to first set up a UCSBNetID and password. Please do this by following the steps below:
STEP 1: Create your UCSBNetID and password.
NOTE: If you already have a UCSBNetID and password, please do not create another one.
Go to identity.ucsb.edu
Click on the Professional and Continuing Education button
Please fill out your information as follows:
Your last name:
Your date of birth should be in this format:
Your UCSB PaCE Student ID:
Here is a video that may be helpful:
Please complete this process as soon as possible. After STEP 1 is completed, please be aware that it might take up to 2 business days to add you to Gauchospace, our online course system.
STEP 2: Login to Gauchospace
Login to Gauchospace using your UCSBNetID and Password (created in STEP 1).
UCSBNetID example: joe.pace (DO NOT include @ucsb.edu or @umail.ucsb.edu)
Once you login to Gauchospace, make sure Show all courses is selected at the bottom of the page.
- UCSB PaCE (Student ID #) and UCSBNetID are two different accounts and make sure you remember both. Your UCSB PaCE Student account includes the profile with your records, while your UCSB NetID is your account to access the on campus Wi-Fi and the off campus UCSB library.
- UCSB Extension handles access to GauchoSpace for all Extension courses. If you are enrolled in a course through Open University, review the directions on the How Do I Access UCSB Courses in GauchoSpace?
- If you need any assistance, please contact: email@example.com.