A Professional Certificate Program is defined as an integrated curriculum of credit courses that totals 110 or more hours of instruction.
Completing a Professional Certificate Program:
- Represents a major personal achievement!
- Indicates to employers a serious commitment to lifelong learning and professional advancement.
- Provides in-depth academic study of a professional field.
- Prepares individuals to enter a new career or advance within their current profession.
- Addresses a full range of subjects within a discipline.
- Allows students to develop a fundamental knowledge of the field as well as study specialized individual topics.
Courses are graded, and require exams or final projects and out-of-class assignments. Most courses qualify for employer-paid assistance or tuition reimbursement. Professional Certificate Programs generally take from one to three years to complete. Formal application and acceptance to the program is required.