1. 178 Course Hours:
• 80 skills lab hours, 48 of which will be in-person, on campus (Weekends)
• 66 lecture hours, live and asynchronous (Weekday evenings)
• 24 Clinical Observation hours on AMR Ambulance (Self-scheduled)
• 8 hours for National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Psychomotor/Skills Exam (Last weekend)
2. Additional Course Costs:
In addition to course tuition, there are other required expenses necessary to successfully complete the EMT Certification Course:
- CPR Certification (Healthcare Provider) - $50 to $95 (if needed)
- Textbook Emergency Care, 14th Edition $95
- Student medical supplies - $70
- CastleBranch Subscription - $98 (includes: Background check, Drug test, Medical document manager etc.)
- EMStesting test preparation subscription - $50
- Physical – conducted by your GP or UCSB Health Center
- Additional charges based on test vaccine compliance
Approximate total cost of course including tuition: $2,400
***PaCE Scholarships available! Apply Here.***
3. Course Requirements:
A. Before Class Starts
- CPR Requirement – details on course page
B. During Class – details will be shared in first day of class
- Drug Test
- Physical Exam
- Background Check
- Childhood immunization verification
- Tuberculosis Testing
- Hepatitis and Influenza Vaccines
In addition to passing the course you will need to pass the following National Registry of EMT (NREMT) exams.
- National Registry Practical Exam- This exam is held at UCSB the weekend after the final exam. While the practical can be taken anywhere, we HIGHLY recommend you take it at UCSB.
- Cognitive Exam- This is a computer based test and it is given through Pearson-Vue Testing Centers(www.vue.com) the closest sites are in Santa Maria or Westlake, CA. This exam can be taken before or after the practical exam.
Once you complete the cognitive and practical exams, you become nationally registered. This certification does NOT allow you work as an EMT. You must become CA State licensed.