Regular acceptance into UIP:
In order to receive acceptance into the University Immersion Program at UCSB Extension, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Transcripts must show excellent grades—i.e. a majority of "A" and "B' (U.S. grades)
- Minimum (overall) scores in English language proficiency tests
- TOEFL: 80
- IELTS: 6.5
- CEFR: B2/C1
Conditional Acceptance into UIP:
Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be conditionally accepted and will be considered on an individual basis.
Students with the following scores must successfully complete (with grade "C" or better") one or two academic English courses in each one of those skill areas:
- TOEFL iBT scores below 20 in any individual skill area (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
- IELTS scores below 6 in any individual skill area (reading, writing, listening, speaking), or
- CEFR scores below C1 in any individual skill area (reading, writing, listening, speaking)
Students will be placed into these courses upon acceptance.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum (overall) scores of 80 (TOEFL), 6.5 (IELTS), or B2/C1 (CEFR) are not eligible to apply for UIP.