If you need to enroll into ENGR (Engineering) classes offered through UCSB Extension, follow the instructions below:
- Contact the instructor early to verify prerequisites.
- Check out the course descriptions and prerequisite courses for undergraduate and graduate courses on the College of Engineering's website (go to the specific department in which you want to take courses). Note that the course schedules are also on the individual department's website.
- E-mail your instructor and state what prerequisite courses you have already completed and attach transcripts and course descriptions. Very important: Go to class on the first day of class and talk directly with your instructor. Be sure to take the Open University Authorization form with you.
- If you don't know how to contact your instructor, e-mail the advisors in the specific departments.
- Ask your instructor (and if necessary, the Teaching Assistant) to sign and date the Open University Authorization form.
- On the first day of class, after having made sure that you meet the course requirements and that there is room in the course, this form will need to be signed and dated by the instructor of each course!
- Please note: A Teacher's Assistant (TA) signature alone does not qualify as instructor approval! If a Teaching Assistant is teaching the course, the Teaching Assistant must also sign the form before the ENGR advisor signs it.
- Once signed by the instructor, bring the OU Authorization form to the individual department's advisors and ask them to sign it as well.
- Once both signatures are obtained, return the OU Authorization form(s) to the UCSB Extension front desk to pay your course fees and finalize your enrollment.
Please note: for CHEMICAL ENGINEERING COURSES, PLEASE e-mail a list of your desired courses and your transcripts directly to the advisor BEFORE asking the professor!