Which Visa do I need?

Before you can apply for your F-1 student visa, you must first apply and be accepted into our UCSB Professional and Continuing Education International Student Program.

Once you're accepted, you will be required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee in order to be enrolled in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Then, we will provide you with a Form I-20. You'll need to present this form to the consular officer when you attend your F-1 visa interview. If your spouse and/or children plan to reside in the U.S. with you while you study, they will be required to have individual Form I-20s, but they will not need to be enrolled in the SEVIS.

Print Friendly and PDF
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk