All F-1 students approved and authorized for OPT must report all periods of employment, unemployment, and changes of address. Updates must be reported to UCSB Extension within 10 days of the start of your OPT work authorization and within 10 days of any subsequent change. This includes the following:
- Any change of your name, your residence, and/or mailing address.
- The name and address of your first and any subsequent OPT employer(s). If you have more than one employer, you must report each employer's name and address.
- The start date or end date of your employment.
- Any change in the employer's name and address.
- The name and address of any new employer, and the start date of your new employment.
- Any period of unemployment, including those days between the end of one job and the start of the new job.
- If you decide not to use OPT and depart the U.S. to return home or to a third country.
- If you change to another nonimmigrant status in the U.S. (such as H-1B, E-3, G-4, TN, etc.), or obtain Permanent Resident status.
Please contact the Immigration Advisor at the UCSB Extension Help Center to report any of the changes listed above.